I am sure that you have heard the recent announcements from the Premier and Chief Health Officer regarding the re-introduction of Stage 3 restrictions. From 11:59pm on Wednesday 8 July, if you live in the Melbourne metropolitan area and the Shire of Mitchell then Stay at Home restrictions will apply. These restrictions are being applied because of the increasing numbers of COVID-19 and the heightened risk of transmission.
If you live in the Melbourne metropolitan area and the Shire of Mitchell you need to Stay at Home.
There are four reasons that you can leave home:
1. Shopping for food or other essential items
2. To provide care giving, for compassionate reasons or to seek medical treatment
3. For exercise (outdoor exercise only, with only one other person or members of your household)
4. Work or study, if you cannot work or study from home
Otherwise, you must stay home.
Additional restrictions have also been put in place:
- You cannot have visitors to your home except for caregiving or compassionate reasons or receiving services.
- You can no longer visit friends and family who live at another household, except to see your intimate partner, or for caregiving or compassionate reasons, or providing services.
More details about these restrictions can be found at https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/updated-restrictions-1159pm-wednesday-8-july-covid-19
For school children, next week is an extension of school holidays – children are not required at school and not required to undertake any learning programs. We will be running a limited supervision program for children who are not able to be at home because their parents/carers are working. If you need to access this program you must contact the office as soon as possible and complete the onsite attendance form if eligible.
The Early Learning Centre remains open for children who cannot be at home. Families who keep their children at home due to the current COVID restrictions will not lose their place at the centre.
The current situation is changing daily and there will be more detailed advice provided over the next few days for both the Early Learning Centre and the school sector.
Please make sure that you check Compass daily for updates. If you have changed your email address or mobile phone number please advise the office immediately. We will continue to update the NEWS section on the website.
Thank you for your continued support and patience during this time. I assure you that as soon as I am able I will provide you with more details for the weeks ahead. Our key priority is to ensure that we continue to support all members of our community as we work together to reduce the spread of the virus, and to stay safe and healthy.
Please take care of yourselves and your families.