Dear Parents and Carers
Welcome back to 2021.
It was so good to see everyone again and, as always, amazing to see how much the children had grown over the summer holiday. I hope that you and your families enjoyed a relaxing and refreshing break.
We enjoyed a very settled start to the school year as Years 1 -9 returned last Thursday, followed by Preps on Friday.
Congratulations to all the Prep families, the children were amazing on Friday and adapted to the new routines really well.
Just a few reminders for everyone
- Gates open at 8:45 for a 9:00 start to the school day. Punctuality is important – children need to be in class at 9:00am for important information and instructions around the day to come
- School finishes at 3:15pm parents/carers are welcome on site to pick children up from the classroom door
- Attendance is important – every day counts, so unless you child is ill we expect to see them. If your child is not able to attend, please let us know by calling the attendance line, this number is available 24 hours each day.
- Please keep your child home if they have COVID symptoms (fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat) and get them tested. They must isolate at home until they receive a negative result. They may return to school once symptoms have cleared and they have a negative result.
- Please make sure that your contact details are correct. We must have current phone number, address and email address for parents/carers and emergency contacts.
- Breakfast club is open at 8:45 in the Agora – everyone is welcome to attend.
- DEEP forms will go home later this week
- Homework club will begin in week 4 – forms are available at front reception
- Canteen is operating on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday – lunch only
- Lunch is at 11:00am, recess at 1:45pm please make sure your children have lunch and snack and some brain food for in between
I would like to introduce the student leadership team for 2021. Congratulations to the following young people:
College Captains – Khastan Mulu, Fakhira Aqili
Vice Captains – Fazila Khalili
House Captains – Wyntah Hukui, Anthony Zahreddine, Mohammed Mozafari, Dragana Maksimovic
Community Captain – Sam Kakato
We currently have a casual parent position available on College Council. If you would like to be a part of College decision making, understand more about College operations, meet new people and contribute to our community please let me know.
The success of our College relies on communication and relationships. Please come and talk to us if you have any issues or concerns, or if you would like anything clarified and explained in more detail. The school sector will be conducting meet and greet interviews with families online next week. Please see further information on email and via Compass. Please ensure that you have access to Compass as this is how we communicate important information to families. New families to the College will receive their Compass logins this week and will need to reset the temporary password.
Your child’s teachers are usually available for a quick chat at the end of the day, but if you need to have a longer conversation it is best to book a time where you are not rushed and have the time to discuss things in depth.
In addition to myself, the following members of the leadership team are also available for you to talk with:
Karen Green – ELC Director
Raa Houpapa – Assistant Principal Prep – Year 4
Thadd Rimer – Assistant Principal Years 5-9
Amara Miles – Wellbeing Co-ordinator
Sharyn Wilson – Business Manager
Once again, welcome back. We are looking forward to working with you and your children as we help them to grow and develop and be their very best. Follow us on Facebook for regular updates and information, please check your emails and Compass for updates and see the Newsletter published twice each term to keep up to date with what is happening.
Best wishes for a safe and successful 2021.